Sunday, February 1, 2015

Most MEMORABLE gym experience ever

Before anything else let me help you visualize what my gym looks like we have two rooms separated by the foyer. We call the other one "Cardio Room" because it houses the bikes, threads and eliptical machines. The other room is a lot bigger, it's the actual gym which has a free middle area for floor exercises. surrounded by the machines in a rectangular set up. To the far left is where all the hardcore weights are. It's mostly populated by the guys. I was hanging around that place doing squats when I noticed a very old lady doing bench press at the middle of that area. She was wearing a racer back top which somehow appears to be backside front or baliktad because the racerback backside of the sando is showing at the front Peculiar, I thought to myself but then she had bra straps in red and I can smell her strong perfume from all the way where I was (which is a few yards away from her) sa isip isip ko ano ba 'to parang nagmumurang kamatis because when I say she looks old I mean 70 something kind of old. I was scrutinizing her outfit from the mirror which we are now both facing when suddenly while I was resting after doing my 45 set squat She approach me! Imagine my horror my goodness! Akala ko papagalitan niya ako dahil sa panggagago ko sa kanya sa salamin. But you know what totally blew me away? Yun ay yung mga salitang lumabas sa bibig niya She said "You know you remind me of myself when I was young. Ganyan ganyan din ako, mataba din ako tanong mo si RC... (referring to my trainer) nung 60 ako ang taba taba ko and look at me now. Do you know how old I am? I'm 86 years old..." And in my mind I was like 86?? 80 FUCKING 6?????? "kaya mo yan, bata ka pa naman" Tapos seryoso gusto ko ng maiyak dun sa kinatatayuan ko. I think I cried a bit sa locker *joke hindi*.  I thanked her and we went back to our workouts but I did say goodbye before leaving

There I was Fashion Pulising her outfit, being all high and mighty and I was dragged down to earth. Sobrang parang na Anderson Silva yung experience ko na sa sobrang kayabangan ko talaga naturuan ako ng leksyon. I am awed by this experience and I am awed by her. I thank God for sending her to me. I have learned my lesson. Also I never saw her again :(

No comments:

Post a Comment