Sunday, March 15, 2015

2am

Can't think of a better title at the moment, tho I like posting it like this. It's raw, at par with my momentary emotions instead of how I would want people to see me as instead. Anyway this post isn't about how I name my posts (later on you'll learn the reason for the title though). This is really about how I appreciate and value Helen and Butch's trust on me as their only middle child. To give you guys a bit of a background/context as to how things run in our family, let me start by telling you that at 23 years old, with a stable job I still live with my parents ergo they still feed me, pay for most of the bills and takes care of me--basically. Here in the Philippines such a situation isn't taboo but is very much a huge reality. That is not to say that I don't help out with the expenses (pa disclaimer lang po haha).
I would want to move out someday but right now I still very much enjoy the TLC, joy and emotional stability that my parents are able to extend to me and my siblings.

Yesterday, at 2:14 in the morning I was en route to gahd knows where with people I am not close with at all. I didn't exactly know where we were heading to yet that feeling of a mixture of anxiety and excitement appealed to me very much and I thought to myself how very fortunate I am. I was raised by my parents to make strong decisions for myself and believe in them. I am aware though that from the situation that I'm presenting you right now it doesn't seem like I made the wisest choice. I was merely trying to make you understand the emotions going through me then while we're speeding through Highway 54, whilst  the street lights reflects and dims on my face. I contemplated how very blessed I am for I was allowed to make decisions on my own. How lucky I am that I wasn't dictated to do this and that because they don't trust my judgement. How blessed I am to be I allowed to go out whenever I want, go to places, book a flight on my own, went and climb a mountain without me begging them to allow me. I am very happy to be able to experience all this because they trust me. I can only hope that I can also pass along such trust, leniency to my children. When the time comes, these "2am"moments are the ones that I'd get back to and maybe base my decisions on.

No comments:

Post a Comment