Sunday, March 16, 2014

canvas


I received a canvas and a few brushes for Christmas and it's still lying here under my desk. I honestly would love to fill it up with all the striking colors with a beautiful theme and just have fun but I cant. Reason? I'm scared! My insecurity is hindering me from going for it. It's a known fact that drawing has never been a talent I've possessed and it's the foundation of a good painting or at least that's how I see it. One other reason is I haven't found a theme that I can paint about. I was suppose to get inspiration from a trip that didn't happen so I was not able to push through. Right now I'm still waiting and will begin searching for that inspiration so that I can start that dream of mine.


I've been practicing with digital painting for the mean time and here are some of them

waiting for the sun to shine


“Knowing sleep will set it right--if you were not to wake.” ― Lang Leav, Love & Misadventure



the Afghan Girl

Chrysler Building

The first three corresponds very personal meaning to me while the last two: the Afghan Girl and Chrysler building had been, for some time, my momentary obsession and forever fascination.

No comments:

Post a Comment