Sunday, May 24, 2015

McKinley Hill

I promised myself I'd make my blog more informative than how it is now, I was thinking of a way that I could be of help to people and what better way than to help first time commuters get directions to McKinley Hill.

Situated along Lawton Avenue, McKinley Hill is a bit tricky to get to for first timers as there are a lot of right turns that people may encounter along the way (if you're coming from the West that is). There are two modes of public transpo that could get you to Mc. First is my default way of getting there the UV express van! I have always taken the  van from Magallanes terminal. The entrance is now situated inside the condo unit and you have to walk along Chino Roces just before Wilcon Depot. You pay 25 pesos for the fare and from there it'll take you directly to Mc. The first stop would be One World establishments around it are McDonalds, Yellow Cab and PNB. The next stop would be just before Venice Piazza then at the back of Venice Piazza near Enderun and last would be the terminal at Tanduay Stadium. The other terminal near my location is the one along MRT Ayala, from the entrance (on the MRT side) the vans going to McKinley is at the front most and has the FTI signage. It would pass through Forbes and San Antonio Village via McKinley Road as oppose to Mantrade-Chino Roces Extension from the former. trips

The mode I take on my way home (from McKinley to Pasay) is normally the jeepney. It has a terminal at McKinely West for jeepneys for those enroute to Gate Three and the Guada jeeps are parked along Lawton. You can either go via 'Gate Three Direstso' which will take you to Gate Three plaza and from there I walk up the bridge and take the jeepneys which bears the 'Heritage' sign board. The Guadalupe jeepneys drops you off at the Guadalupe terminal and from there, there would be jeepneys of either San Andres or Taft Herran.

I live along Vito Cruz and if you're a first time commuter to McKinley I suggest you ride the van cause it';s easier and more efficient. I promise to take photos to give you guys a clearer depth of things :)


No comments:

Post a Comment